Hospital Manager - Terms of Reference
Hospital Manager - Terms of Reference
Post: Hospital Manager at Wigmore Cinic
Reports to: Board Of Directors, CEO
Job Summary: The manager is responsible for day to day management. This position works directly with the CEO in maintaining standards, resolving problems and assisting in implementing change in order to facilitate efficient administration of the health facility. The manager has full responsibilities for all hospital employees as well as inpatients.
Salary Pay Scale: Contract/Gratuity Basis
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable of and upholds regulations, established hospital and section policies and procedures, objectives and health standards.
- Ensures that staff complies with existing laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures set out by Ministry of Health.
- Develops annual plans, short term goals and objectives for the hospital.
- Coordinate the strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of hospital annual plan
- Ensure that health care services are delivered in a timely and customer oriented focus.
- Ensures the development and implementation of mechanism to increase the human resource productivity within the hospital.
- Ensures effective and efficient financial management and accounting for hospital resources.
- Ensure that an effective Quality Improvement program is in place at the hospital.
- Collaborates with other senior health professionals in management to review, investigate, develop and/or implement the necessary systems, process improvements as they relate to health services delivery.
- Manage, supervise and lead all categories of staff
- Conduct daily environmental rounds with management team to dialogue with staff and to ensure client’s satisfaction with services provided. 16. Ensure proper stock management of food and sundries.
- Ensure proper stock management of pharmaceuticals.
- Manages the consumption/utilization of fuel, electricity, telephone and water.
- Ensure the internal and external hospital environment is maintained clean to promote a healthy environment.
- Assists in the evaluation of outcomes for resource management and utilizes data for decision making, planning and institutional policy direction.
- Ensures proper supervision and preventative maintenance of vehicle fleet, office equipment and physical structure of the hospital.
- Attends meetings, workshops, seminars to build capacity for efficient execution of duties and responsibilities for self and staff.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports and other relevant reports to the CEO
Qualifications: Training in Hospital/Health Systems Management at the Master’s Degree level or equivalent training in Business Administration, Public Health or Management related discipline.
Work Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in administration or human resource management in a hospital or similar health care organization.
Special Skills and Abilities:
- Able to exercise mature and sound judgment
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with all levels of staff and patients both verbally and in writing. Have public speaking skills and capable of making presentations.
- Thorough knowledge and skills in administration.
- Demonstrate continuing self-development in administration.
- Computer literate
- Ability to resolve conflict efficiently
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian, English, Russian languages
- Critical thinker
Application procedures: To apply for the position candidates are asked to send their cover letters and CVs to: email@example.com mentioning "Hospital Manager" in the subject line of the message. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Opening date: 15 April 2017
Application deadline: 30 March 2017